The diabetes is also called sugar. This disease is also hereditary and also due to bad lifestyle. Diabetic patients should take special care of their food and drink because the blood sugar level of a diabetic person is not good if it is higher than normal and also it is not good to be less than normal. In such a situation, you should keep checking it to find out the level.
If the level of diabetes increases too much or decreases too much, then in both cases the patient’s health is at risk. Both these conditions are considered fatal. So today in this article we are sharing the Early Signs of Diabetes and Symptoms of Diabetes so read the article.
What is Diabetes?
When there is a deficiency of insulin in the pancreas then less amount of insulin reaches, and the amount of glucose in the blood also increases. This condition is known as diabetes. Here insulin is a kind of hormone that is made from the digestive gland inside the human body. Its task is to convert food into energy.
In such a situation, special care should be taken about what and when diabetic patients are eating. This keeps the blood sugar level under control. For this, doctors give medicines and there are many home remedies too, with the help of which diabetes can be kept under control.
Types of Diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes- This diabetes is found in children and is usually seen in children below the age of 20 years. In this, the sensitivity of insulin ends. Due to this, the metabolic system of the body gets spoiled, then the level of sugar starts increasing. In children, when beta cells are not made or get damaged, then children get Diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes– Most people in India suffer from type 2 diabetes. In this, the sensitivity of insulin and the capacity of insulin decreases. The amount of insulin required by our body is not available to our body. This diabetes occurs in people over the age of 20.
Early Signs of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease that destroys the body from the inside. It is also called the silent killer. In today’s lifestyle, it is becoming a common disease. There are 3 types of diabetes, type 1 diabetes, and type 2 diabetes.
- Urination- The kidney is not able to filter more sugar present in the blood, so urine is the only way to remove excess sugar.
- More thirsty- Due to excessive urine, due to lack of water in the body, there is more thirst. These are also symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
- Feeling more hungry- Due to lack or resistance to insulin in diabetes, the body is not able to convert the food eaten into energy, due to which we often feel hungry.
- Loss of Weight- Due to insufficient insulin production in diabetes, the body is not able to transport glucose from the blood to the body cells for use as energy, due to which the body starts burning fat and muscles for energy, which leads to weight loss.
- Other Early Signs of Diabetes- Apart from this, fatigue, headache, blurred vision, recurrent infections (weakening of the immunity system), problems in the private part, weakness, irritability and rapid heartbeat are the initial symptoms of diabetes 2. If you see any one of these symptoms, be careful immediately and get it checked.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Feeling thirsty again and again
- Increase in appetite
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Feeling tired and weak
- A wound is not healing quickly
- Getting out of boils
- Blurred vision of the eyes
- Dental issues
- Tingling or numbness in hands and feet
- Pain in feet and knees
Testing of Diabetes
One of the tests for diabetes is done on an empty stomach, it is called fasting. If the amount of sugar in the blood is more than 125mg/dl on empty stomach test, then it indicates diabetes.
The second test which is done after 2 hours of eating food is called postprandial glucose (PPG) test In this, if the amount of sugar in the body is found to be more than 147mg/dl, then it indicates diabetes.
(after 8 hours of not eating)
(2 hours after eating)
|Normal||70-100 mg/dL||Less than 140 mg/dL|
|Prediabetes||100-125 mg/dL||140-180 mg/dL|
|Diabetes||Over 125 mg/dL||Over 200 mg/dL|
Treatment for Diabetes/Sugar
The level of sugar present in the blood is controlled through the treatment of diabetes. So that the complications arising from this can be prevented.
- Nutrition – In type-1 and type-2 diabetes, not only the information related to food has to be taken care of, but also emphasis has to be laid on when and how much food should be eaten.
- Physical activity – It is necessary to do physical activities to prevent diabetes type-2. This keeps diabetes under control. Along with this, it also helps in preventing complications related to heart disease and blood sugar.
- Medicines – It is not enough for a type-2 diabetes patient to do only physical activity and eat healthy food, but also to take medicines.
In fact, the normal level of sugar varies according to age. Still, if you are on an empty stomach, your blood sugar level should be between 70-100 mg/dl.
Diabetics should consume more water, because sugar patients have more calories, due to which water requirement is also more. Drinking enough water keeps blood sugar under control
The most important thing to keep in mind in the treatment of diabetes is your lifestyle, that is, your daily routine, because diabetes is a lifestyle disease caused by wrong eating habits and lack of exercise.