DU First Merit List 2023 Direct Link: The Delhi University has announced the official schedule for the UG admissions in various colleges under the DU. The candidates will be able to choose from 90 colleges under the DU and will be able to apply for 79 UG programs under these colleges. There are a total of 70,000 seats and the students will be allocated the seats based on their scores in the CUET-UG and their ranks in DU First Merit List 2023. The CUET-UG 2023 was conducted by NTA from 15 July 2022 to 20 August 2022. The DU announced the result of CUET-UG on 15 September 2022.
Now the DU will be conducting the Common Seat Allocation System 2023 in the month of October 2022. The registration and preference locking, Phase 1 and Phase 2, of CSAS 2022 will go on up to 13 October 2022. DU will then announce the First Merit List on 19 October 2022. The candidates will be allotted seats under this merit list and the candidates who do not get a seat will have to apply for the next round. The candidates can check all the latest announcements on admission.uod.ac.in and du.ac.in.
DU First Merit List 2023
The DU First Merit List 2023 will be released on 19 October 2022 on the official website. Before the release of the official merit list, DU will release a simulated list in which the candidates will be able to check whether they will be able to get admission to their choice of college and program. The simulated list will be available on 14 October 2022. Then the students will be allowed to change their preferences based on the results of the simulated list.
The candidates will then be allotted seats in the DU First Merit list for the first round of CSAS 2023. After the seat allotment, the students will be either able to accept the seat or apply for an upgrade depending on their preferences. The announcement for vacant seats after the first round will be released on the official website.
Cut Off List of DU 2023 CUET UG
The cut off list of DU 2023 CUET CSAS will be released on 19 October 2022 as announced by DU on 10 October 2022. The candidates will be able to check their admission status on the official website of DU. The students should fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the DU and the program specific criteria set by the college to they are seeking admission in.
If they get a seat allotted then they may choose to take admitted in that college or apply for an upgrade. The candidates will need to submit a fee for each round of seat allocation and they will also need to fill the fee of the college to confirm their seat.
DU CSAS Official Schedule 2023
The Delhi University has released the official schedule for the Common Seat Allocation System 2023 on their official website. The students should carefully check the time table of the counselling and ensure to not miss any deadlines. The schedule of counselling is given in the table below:
|Phase I and Phase II of CSAS 2022||Phase I- Registration to Common Seat Allocation SystemPhase II- Choice Filling||Date extended upto 4:59 pm on 12 October 2022|
|Correction Window||5:00 pm on 11 October 2022 to 4:59 pm on 13 October 2022|
|CSAS Preference auto lock||5:00 pm on 13 October 2022|
|Display of Simulated List||Declaration of Simulated List||5:00 pm on 14 October 2022|
|Window for Preference Change||5:00 pm on 14 October 2022 to 4:59 pm on 16 October 2022|
|First Round of CSAS Seat Allocation and Admission||Declaration of First Merit List||19 October 2022|
|‘Accept’ the Seat by Candidate||10:00 am on 19 October 2022 to 4:59 pm on 21 October 2022|
|Verification of online Applications by Colleges||10:00 am on 19 October 2022 to 22 October 2022|
|Last Date of Payment of Fee||Till 4:59 pm on 24 October 2022|
|Second Round of CSAS Seat Allocation and Admission||Display of Vacant Seats||5:00 pm on 25 October 2022|
|Re-ordering of Preferences||5:00 pm on 25 October 2022 to 4:59 pm 27 October 2022|
|Declaration of Second Merit List||5:00 pm on 30 October 2022|
|‘Accept’ the Seat by Candidate||10:00 am on 31 October 2022 to 4:59 pm on 1 November 2022|
|Verification of online Applications by Colleges||10:00 am on 31 October 2022 to 2 November 2022|
|Last Date of Payment of Fee||4:59 pm on 3 November 2022|
|Third Round of CSAS Seat Allocation and Admission with ECA, Sports, CW and Supernumerary quotas||Display of Vacant Seats||5:00 pm on 4 November 2022|
|Mid-Entry, Re-ordering of Preferences||10:00 am on 5 November 2022 to 4:59 pm on 7 November 2022|
|Declaration of Third Merit List||5:00 pm on 10 November 2022|
|‘Accept’ the Seat by Candidate||10:00 am on 11 November 2022 to 4:59 pm on 13 November 2022|
|Verification of online Applications by Colleges||10:00 am on 11 November 2022 to 4:59 pm on 14 November 2022|
|Last Date of Payment of Fee||4:59 pm on 15 November 2022|
|First Spot Round of CSAS Seat Allocation and Admission||Announcement of First Spot Round of CSAS||5:00 pm on 17 November 2022|
|Registration of First Spot Round||10:00 am on 18 November 2022 to 4:59 pm on 19 November 2022|
|Declaration of First Spot Round Merit List||5:00 pm on 22 November 2022|
|‘Accept’ the Seat by Candidate||10:00 am on 23 November 2022 to 4:59 pm on 24 November 2022|
|Verification of online Applications by Colleges||10:00 am on 23 November 2022 to 4:59 pm on 25 November 2022|
|Last Date of Payment of Fee||4:59 pm on 26 November 2022|
admission.uod.ac.in 2023 DU CSAS System 2023
The DU has also released the guidelines for seat allocation under the CSAS 2023. The candidates should carefully read the guidelines and ensure that they do not miss any of the required steps to get a seat in their choice of college.
- The candidates should fill in their choice program and college carefully and should rank their preferences accordingly.
- The candidates will be allotted their highest possible based on the following-
- The program merit list released by the college
- The Category of the applicant- UR/SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD.
- Number of Seats available in the college of your choice.
- Once the seats are allotted, the candidates will have to ‘Accept’ the seat before the stipulated time. They can accept only one seat and the allotted seat will only be valid for one round. In case the student fails to accept the allotted seat in the given time, the seat will be considered forfeited and it will be allotted to another student in the next round of the counselling.
- If the student accepts the seat then his/her eligibility will be validated by the college based on the following factors-
- Minimum eligibility of the candidates
- Program-Specific eligibility
- The subjects passed by the candidate in class 12th
- Document authenticity
- After the eligibility of the candidate is approved by the college, the student will have to pay the admission fees to the college to confirm their seat.
In case the students are not happy with the seat allotted to them in the counselling, they may apply for an upgrade. The upgrade option will be given to all candidates. In case they are not upgraded, the previously allotted seat will be retained. The students will have to accept the upgraded seats and if they fail to do so they will not be able to participate in the CSAS 2023.
If a student fails to apply for the initial rounds of CSAS but wants to apply for it can do so by applying for mid-entry.
- The students will need to submit a fee for mid-entry.
- They will only be eligible for seat allocation for future rounds of counselling.
- They will not be eligible for seat upgrade.
Process to Check DU First Merit List 2023
The First Merit List will be available on the official website on 19 October 2022. The students will be able to check the DU First Merit List 2023 by following the given steps-
- You should first open the official website, admission.uod.ac.in and du.ac.in.
- On the homepage, the links related to CSAS 2023 are given.
- Click on the link ‘First Merit List for CSAS 2023.
- Then a new window will open where you will need to fill in your details such as your Registration number, Roll number and Date of Birth and then click on ‘Submit’.
- Then a new window will open up displaying your status and other details.
- If you are allotted a seat then you may choose to accept the seat or apply for an upgrade.
- If you are not allotted a seat then you may apply for the next round of the CSAS.
FAQs Related to DU First Merit List 2023
No, you will not receive any intimation from the college or DU if you are allotted a seat. You will have to check the Merit List in order to know about your status.
The document verification for Delhi University Admissions 2023 will take place after you accept the seat allotted in CSAS. The document verification will be conducted by individual colleges and they may choose to reject your admission in case any discrepancy is found.
No, you will not be able to apply for further rounds if you do not take any action regarding the seat allotted to you. To apply for the next round, you will have to choose for an upgrade on the seat allotted to you.