First Week of Pregnancy Symptoms: Do you remember when was the last time you had your period? This date is considered week 1 of pregnancy – yes, even if you weren’t pregnant on this date. Then week two of pregnancy is the week after your period and so on for all subsequent weeks. So can a women have pregnancy symptoms in the first week? Sometimes you can get some early signs of pregnancy even before you miss your period.
For some women, the early symptoms of pregnancy start appearing in the first few weeks after conception. However, other women may not experience any pregnancy symptoms at all. She finds out about her pregnancy when she takes a pregnancy test at home. So friends today in this article we will share First Week of Pregnancy Symptoms and also Early Signs to Look For Pregnancy.
Am I Pregnant?
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful part of a woman’s life and every lady wants to experience this special moment in her life. Pregnancy is a long process whose beginning is as beautiful and full of joy as it ends when the baby is born. During this process, a pregnant woman has to take care of many things. But before that, the first and most important step is to confirm to them whether they are pregnant.
There are many types of equipment and medicines available in the market through which pregnancy test can be done. You can test your pregnancy sitting at home by using pregnancy kits. By looking at the early symptoms of pregnancy, you can find out whether you are pregnant or not. By watching the below listed signs you can guess whether you are pregnant or not.
First Week of Pregnancy Symptoms
Missing a period is often one of the first signs of pregnancy that women notice, although there are many other pregnancy symptoms that you can look out for. The most common early pregnancy symptoms include fatigue, tingly nipples, and a change in taste. These symptoms can begin as early as a few days after conception, even before you expect your period to be late.
Some other symptoms appear later, around the time you miss your period. These symptoms include implantation bleeding, nausea and vomiting (morning sickness) and frequent urination.
- Missed period- Among all the initial and special symptoms of pregnancy, one of the symptoms is the absence of periods. Bleeding only once within the first eight weeks of pregnancy indicates your pregnancy. Period stops in the early days of pregnancy and it is necessary to stop during normal pregnancy.
- Fatigue- Weakness and feeling tired are common symptoms of pregnancy. Due to weakness, sometimes you may also feel dizzy. But you do not need to panic with all these, see your doctor immediately in case of excessive weakness, tiredness or dizziness.
- Feeling Tired- Feeling tired throughout the day can indicate that you are pregnant. Due to the increase in progesterone hormone during pregnancy, there are many changes in your body, due to which you see symptoms like weakness, fatigue and desire to sleep more.
- Nausea- In the situation of pregnancy, nausea in the morning and feeling of heaviness in the body is common in Pregnancy. Gynaecologists believe that about 80% of women have the problem of nausea and vomiting during 2 to 8 weeks. All these changes inside the body are due to the production of estrogen and progesterone hormones in excess.
- Dizziness- Dizziness is one of the symptoms of pregnancy. Due to the increase in estrogen and progesterone hormones present in the uterus, your blood sugar level decreases, due to which there is excessive pressure on the brain cells and you feel dizzy.
- Frequent urination- Frequent urination is a special sign towards your pregnancy. During pregnancy, the uterus starts putting pressure on the urinary bladder and the kidney starts doing double duty to filter the blood, due to which you feel the need to urinate frequently. Hormonal changes and increased production of blood accompanied by frequent urination is a common pregnancy symptom that lasts for the entire 9 months of pregnancy.
- Constipation- During pregnancy, the progesterone hormone causes constriction in the intestine, due to which you have difficulty in thinking. Due to the sudden increase of hormones, the stool becomes hard and tight and the digestive system is not able to digest the food properly. If you have a complaint of constipation for a week after not having periods, then it indicates your pregnancy.
How soon can you have early symptoms of pregnancy?
You may notice some symptoms like breast pain and sensitivity to smell before you miss a period. In some women, these symptoms may appear only a few days after conception. However, for many women, other early pregnancy symptoms such as spotting or nausea may occur after the first week as this is the week when the sperm meets the egg. The symptoms of early pregnancy appear differently in different women. So these early symptoms of pregnancy are no way to detect pregnancy.
Early Signs to Look For- Whether you are Pregnant or not
- little Bleeding, due to Implantation
- Increased Urination
- More Tired, Fatigue
- Pain in Breasts, Sensitive Breasts
- Having Nausea and Vomiting
- Craving or Avoiding Certain Foods
- A Pounding Head
- Cramping in the Abdomen or Pelvis, due to Implantation
- Moodiness and mood swings
When to Use Home Pregnancy Tests?
Most pregnancy tests will give accurate results only when you test around the expected date of your period. If you want, you can wait a few more days after the expected date of the period has passed, or if you do not want to wait, then you can take a pregnancy test when you feel that your period is late.
Some pregnancy tests are more sensitive and can detect the pregnancy hormone even before a period is missed. If the test result is negative but you still haven’t had your period, you can test again after a few days.
FAQ’s – First Week of Pregnancy Symptoms
A missed menstrual period is the first major sign of pregnancy
Yes it is true
Yes you can as there are many Pregnancy test kits are available in the market.