Service Canada department runs a financial program called “Old Age Security” for old age citizens of Canada. This program will allow old individuals to receive monthly pension from the Government of Canada. Generally, Service Canada will inform the individuals if they are already enrolled automatically. If you are not yet enrolled with the program, you must apply for it. Individuals who are not enrolled with the program can easily get enroll through the official website of Government of Canada @www.canada.ca.
If you also want to know about the Old Age Security Pension Program, then this article is for you. In this article, we will know what Old Age Security Pension Program is, who are the eligible citizens for it, what are its benefits, what is disability benefit, what is the November payment date of Old Age Security etc.
What is Old Age Security Payment 2023
OAS Payment is amount which is given by the Government of Canada to the senior citizens of Canada whose age is 65 and more. Through this programme senior individuals whose age is between 65 to 74 receives the monthly pension amount on a certain date in each month. Individuals receive maximum payment of $ 707.68. However, individuals who are at the age of 75 or older than 75 years is getting $778.45 each month.
OAS Payment2023 Highlights
|Scheme Name||Old Age Security|
|Administered By||Government of Canada|
|Type||Monthly Pension Plan|
|Age||65 or older|
|Payment for Age 65-74||CAD 707.68|
|Payment for Age 75 and more||CAD 778.45|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Last Payment Date||27 October 203|
|Coming Payment Date||28 November 2023|
Old Age Security Pension Eligibility Criteria
To avail the benefits of Old Age Security Pension Programme Service Canada decided some eligibility criteria. You can check the eligibility criteria in the below mentioned points:
- Applicant’s employment history is not a factor that effect Old Age Security eligibility.
- Applicant must be raised in Canada from more than 10 years since the age of 18 years and must be a permanent resident.
- At the time of the approving of the application applicant must be a Canadian citizen or a legal resident.
- If applicant is living outside of Canada than he/she must have resided in Canada for at least 20 years since the age of 18 and at the time of leaving Canada, he/she must be a Canadian citizen or legal resident.
Payment Dates for OAS Payment 2023
If you want to know the Old Age Security Payment dates of current year 2023 than you must refer the below mentioned table in which you find the payment dates for all 2023 year. And you can make speculation about the OAS Pension Payment Dates for year 2024.
|Payment Installment Number||Payment Date|
|1||27th January 2023|
|2||24th February 2023|
|3||29th March 2023|
|4||26th April 2023|
|5||29th May 2023|
|6||28th June 2023|
|7||27th July 2023|
|8||29th August 2023|
|9||27th September 203|
|10||27th October 2023|
|11||28th November 2023|
|12||20th December 2023|
OAS 2023 Pension Payment Amount
The Old Age Security Pension amount is affected by the annual net income of the individual. And to Make this one easy for eligible applicants, you guys can use the newly introduced tool which is “Old Age Security Benefits Estimator”. To use this tool, individual will have to provide their age,marital status, legal status, spouse or common-law partner, net income, and resident history. With this tool, individuals can get information on their maximum OAS pension based on questionnaire.
- For Senior Citizen Between Age 65 to 74 years: The annual net income of 2022 should be less than $142609.The pension amount they will receive monthly is maximum $707.68.
- For Senior Citizen of Age 75 and more: The annual net income of 2022 should be less than $148179. The pension amount they will receive monthly is maximum $778.45.
Check Old Age Security Payment Status 2023
A MSCA account must need to check the payment status of the Old Age Security Pension 2023. Individuals need to be signing into the official MSCA accounts. The MSCA account link is also available on the official portal of Government of Canada which is www.canada.ca. The OAS Payment status will provide the status whether the payment is delivered or not. In any case if individual did not receive the payment as per schedule, he/she can contact Service Canada to resolve their issues.
Apply for the Old Age Security 2023 Pension
If Service Canada is unable to automatically enroll any senior citizens due to lack of information than he or she must follow below mentioned points to apply for the OAS Pension:
- First of all, individuals should determine their eligibility.
- Now they must decide whether they want to start receiving the OAS payment.
- Now gather all the required information and documents to submission.
- Now fill the application form and submit.
- After that authorization department will send the response to the applicant.
- Now applicant can review their application status and payment status, amount.
Note: After successful completion of the application part, applicant will receive a letter of from the Authorization department in the form of response of the submitted application. This letter could be a confirmation letter of the submitted application or a request for more information.
OAS Payment Dates 2023 FAQs
To be eligible for the OAS Pension Payment individuals should be citizen of Canada and whose age is 65 year and more.
OAS payments for November 2023 will be issued on the 28 November 2023.
You can check your OAS payment status by logging into your My Service Canada Account or by calling the OAS toll-free information line at 1-800-277-9914. This will provide you with information on the status of your payment.
No, the payment schedule for disability OAS benefits in November 2023 remains the same. As per the schedule, you will receive your payment on the 28 November 2023.